13.12.07

Stop Plastic!

Love the new paper bags being used in our supermarkets these days. It's high time ppl finally realising the dangers of plastic bags and the harm they do to our enviroment.

When I was a little girl, I remember this commercial on Star Tv where the earth seems to cry in agony whenever a person dumps a plastic bag!

That commercial had a deep impact on me, and since that time i've been trying to minimize my usage of these bags.

When I go to the supermarket, I insist they squeeze my stuff in one bag.

In the drugstore, when I pick up my medicine, I refuse to use their plastic bag, instead I just shove bottles and pills into my own bag.

At the malls, items bought from different stores are always grouped and put in a recycled paper bag.

At home, empty shampoo bottles and such have their own garbage bin that the driver takes every other day to this large green- or is it yellow- dump provided by our jam3iya in the hopes of being recycled.

San Fransisco and France already banned plastic bags..

And you know who else?

BANGLADISH!

-------------------------------------------------

"You must be the change you want to see in the world"

-Mhatma Gandhi

2 comments:

lala said...

i have a business proposal .. why not we start making canvas bags for jam3iyas and sell them there for charity ?!? and add a printed note in arabic "all arth amanah .. " or something catchy .. i have a feeling people are becoming more aware and this idea may work .. :)

Anonymous said...

LALA - I LOVE THIS IDEA!
I LOVE IT.. I LOVE IT I LOVE IT..
I NEEDED AN IDEA FOR LOYAC THIS YEAR... TO HEAD A COMMITEE AND THIS IS WHAT IT WILL BE :)
I HOPE YOU DONT MIND THAT I STEAL IT...